We are seeking caring and reliable Support Workers to assist our disability clients to live as independently as possible in their own homes.
Locations: Sutherland Shire and Southern Sydney
Salary: from $30 per hour and upward commensurate with experience
Schedule: Monday to Friday, Morning and Afternoon shifts.
- Assistance with personal care
- Manual handling
- Domestic assistance – including some cleaning and meal preparation
- Promoting independence and support to achieve goals
- Maintaining the Behavioural Support Plan
- Assisting with appointments and transport needs
- Engaging the client with access to community and social support opportunities
- Monitoring the administration of medication
- Genuine care and aptitude for working with and supporting people with disability
- Empathy, a caring, nurturing nature, and patience
- Trustworthy, honest, behaving with integrity and respect
- Positive, friendly, hopeful, and encouraging
- Practical problem solvers and do-ers
- 1-year minimum experience as a paid Disability Support Worker
- Experience working one-to-one with individuals with physical disabilities and mental health
Essentials: Licences and Certifications must be current or willing to obtain:
- Minimum Certificate III in Disability or similar qualification and experience in related fields
- NSW Driver Licence and Comprehensive Insurance for your car
- Working With Children Check
- National Police Check or NDIS Workers Clearance (preferred)
- First Aid and CPR
- Full Covid-19 Vaccination and Certificate
Work Eligibility: Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
Join our friendly and supportive Sutherland Shire and Southern Sydney Team.
Send an expression of interest in a Support Worker role using the Contact form.